If you’re ready for a break from hot dogs and marshmallows, check out this healthy, easy camping recipe for salmon packet dinners! These delicious meals are light and easy to pair with fresh fruit and veggies. Load up your new Forest River Cherokee Black Label toy hauler fifth wheel from Castle Country RV and hit the road towards your favorite winter camping destination.
Supplies – Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- 4 Salmon fillets
- 4 tbsp Olive oil or butter
- 16-20 Asparagus spears
- 2 Lemons
- Fresh dill
- Build a strong fire and let it burn down enough that you can lay the grill over the top of the flames.
- Set out four large sheets of aluminum foil large enough to fully enclose the salmon fillet with additional ingredients.
- Lay 4-5 asparagus spears on the foil and top with a salmon fillet.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil or lace a thinly slice layer of butter over the fillet.
- Add 2-3 slices of lemon, a pinch of salt, and a sprinkle of pepper.
- Seal the packet completely and repeat for the remaining four fillets.
- Cook on the grill over the fire until the fish reaches 145 degrees internally, about 10 minutes.
- Remove them from heat and serve with a sprinkle of fresh dill.
- You can also add a light salad, fresh veggies, or rice to make this meal even more filling.