This delicious fall camping recipe from The Spicy Apron is a great way to bring autumn flavors to the campground! You’ll love this filling and fun way to celebrate the changing seasons with your family. Load up your Forest River Cherokee Arctic Wolf 271RK fifth wheel from Castle Country RV, grab a few ingredients, and enjoy your fall break out at your favorite destination!
- 1 lbs rotini pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lbs sage sausage
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin (Not Pumpkin Pie Filling)
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and heat until fragrant, stirring constantly, approx. 30 second.
- Add the sausage and cook until browned, 5-7 minutes.
- When sausage is fully cooked, sprinkle in flour and stir for 1-2 minutes until it begins to brown. Slowly, add in the milk, whisking constantly.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce head to medium. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg, pumpkin, and cream cheese and heat until thickened, 10-15 minutes.
- Add the pasta and stir until combined.
- Serve hot!