When you’re craving a good burger, nothing else will do. That’s why these easy campground burger and fries are a go-to for our family whenever we travel. You’ll love how quick and easy it is to whip up delicious burgers on your RV with an outdoor kitchen, over the fire, or right in the oven. So, fire up the grill and get ready for a delicious, fire-side dinner!
1 lb ground beef
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp paprika
Choice of cheese: American, cheddar, or swiss work the best.
Toppings of your choice
16 oz frozen french fries
4 tsp minced garlic
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
salt & pepper to taste
1. Combine your spices: salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Mix until well blended.
2. Add spices and minced garlic to ground beef and combine.
3. Form burger into balls and flatten into patties with your fingers — they should be approximately 4-5″ across.
4. Heat an iron skillet or grill to a high heat. It should be hot enough to create a loud sizzle when oil is added. Drizzle oil in the pan and add 1-2 burgers. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the patty is cooked all the way through and the edges are mildly charred.
6. Add the burger to your choice of bun and top with your favorite fixings!
- Create four large foil rectangles out of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Add 4 oz of fries to the center of each rectangle. Drizzle with olive oil and toss with salt and pepper.
- Close the foil, sealing the edges to create a packet, and add to the coals of your fire or place on the grill.
- Toss the fries frequently to avoid over-charring or burning, and let cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Open the packets carefully, add 1 tsp minced garlic to each packet and stir, then place back on the coals or in the grill.
- Cook the packet open for another 1-2 minutes until the fries are crispy.
- Top with cheese and serve!
Now, you and the family can enjoy delicious burgers and fries without having to leave the campsite! You can even make these on your grill at home. If you’re looking for an RV that offers all the amenities of home, contact us today!